MIND STEP H2020 project: Modelling Individual Decisions to Support the European Policies related to Agriculture
We are very pleased to inform you that we have just released the 4th issue of the MIND-STEP Project Newsletter.
You may access and browse or download the PDF version here.
Here are some highlights what you can find in this issue:
What MIND STEP is all about?
MIND STEP is an EC funded 4-year Horizon 2020 research and innovation action aiming to improve exploitation of available agricultural and biophysical data and will include the individual decision making (IDM) unit in policy models.
A lot of work has been done in the project since our 3rd newsletter in June 2021. Dealing with various tasks during the Covid-19 pandemic was a challenge, but the MIND STEP project team managed to generate valuable results.
From this issue of our newsletter, you can get to know:
What are the latest developments in our project?
- MIND STEP successfully completed the 1st Review meeting on 29 September 2021, the work package leaders and coordinator of MIND STEP went through the first review meeting with the European Commission. MIND STEP mid-term results and achievements were presented, and the meeting was successfully concluded.
- On 15 October an internal exploitation workshop was organized for work package leaders
- On 19 November 2021, the MIND STEP project team attended an online seminar organized by the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC), Work Package 1 (WP1) leader, where the project results on WP1 were discussed in depth. A MIND STEP General meeting was held after the seminar, and results on the review of the reporting period 1 was the main topic discussed in the project meeting.
Where and how are we networking?
- Our project was presented at the European Association of Agricultural Economists (EAAE) seminar, to reunite scholars and researchers who work on agriculture and the agrifood industry. During the seminar, they exchange ideas and best practices on how to assist policymakers in these areas.
- You can meet us in person at the Annual Conference of the Agricultural Economics Society on 4-6 April, to be held in Leuven Belgium.
- We are also planning to attend online events such as: The Sustainable Food Systems in a Time of Climate Change 12th biennial conference 3-6 April, the International Conference on Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture and Drought in Agriculture. April 14-15, 2022 in Lisbon, and the International Conference on Computational Agriculture and Agricultural Modelling on 16-17 May 2022, taking place in Amsterdam.
Continue reading the PDF version here.
We hope you will enjoy delving into the latest info about our project. Thank you for reading!
We share our warmest wishes for the holiday season, and a New Year of peace, health, and prosperity.
The MIND STEP project team
For more news, you can also follow us on