The overall ambition of MIND STEP is to support public decision making in agricultural, rural, environmental and climate policies, taking into account the behaviour of individual decision-making units in agriculture and the rural society.
The MIND STEP specific objectives are
- to develop a highly modular and customisable suite of Individual Decision Making (IDM) models focussing on behaviour of individual agents in the agricultural sector to better analyse impacts of policies,
- to develop linkages between the new IDM models and current models used at the European Commission to improve the consistency and to broaden the scope of the analysis of policies,
- to develop an integrated data framework to support analysis and monitoring of policies related to agriculture,
- to apply the MIND STEP model toolbox to analyse regional and national policies and selected EU CAP reform options and global events affecting the IDM farming unit, working together with policymakers, farmers and other stakeholders,
- to safeguard the governance and future exploitation of the MIND STEP model toolbox.
- improvement of the capacity to model policies dealing with agriculture and related natural resources, food and international trade
- improvement of policy design, impact assessments and monitoring
- strengthened transdisciplinary research and integrated scientific support for relevant EU policies and priorities.